Sunday, September 9, 2012

see you in eighteen moons


Tonight I officially get set apart and become a missionary. I can't believe it's finally here! I'm looking forward to spending nearly every day of the next year and a half to teaching people about the gospel of Jesus Christ and His love for each of them. 

After I volunteered in Ecuador last year, I thought I was satisfied with that being my "mission." I got to spend 12 weeks with the most perfect little children and take care of every need they had. I bathed, clothed, fed, helped, played with, and loved them every single day. Some days it made me sad that I could take care of all their temporal needs, but I wouldn't be around to watch them learn about Christ and how much He truly cared for my little babies. Now, as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, that will be my entire purpose for 18 months. 

I'm so excited about this work I'm headed to do. I appreciate all the love, support, and encouragement I've felt from my family and friends in the weeks/months/years leading up to this big time in my life. I'm going to miss you all! 

Yo sé que Cristo vive y nos ama a todos. 

Until we meet again 

No comments:

Post a Comment