Thursday, January 17, 2013

Moving day, finally!

Hi!

So I don't have a whole lot of time today because we have to go home to finish packing and getting ready to move. Sister Smith found us a new place. Hooray! That's the good news. The bad news is that the apartment is wayyyyy out of our area, so hopefully we're getting a car because if not, we'll have to get rides for literally everything and that'd be a major pain. Transfer calls just came! Sister Cha is training and I'm going to open Slate Canyon with Hermanas Barrera and Vandenbark. Elders were in that area before, so we'll be white washing (when the previous missionaries all come out and new ones go in). I'm majorly bummed. I don't want to leave Connor and Stephanie and Katia, but I know this is where the Lord wants me to go … until I go to SPAIN NEXT WEEK! That’s right, my visa is here and right now the plan is for me to go to the MTC next Tuesday to work through the details and then get on a plane to Spain on Wednesday! What a whirlwind it has been this week – moving, transfers happening, and then the news that all of that doesn’t really matter for me because I’ll finally be heading to the destination of my original call – Madrid! Although it’s hard to think about much more than that, here’s the rundown of our week:

We got a new investigator this week! His name is Zach and he's from Vegas. The elders there taught him last month and then when he moved here we picked up where they left off. He's a really cool kid. We talked about fasting and prayer with him and the power and blessings that come from it. We invited him to fast the next Fast Sunday and he's like "Actually I'd like to fast this Sunday." So we're like, "COOL, we'll join you! What are we fasting for?" And he goes, "Well, I really want to fast about whether or not I should be baptized." Done. He's great and I'm excited to hear how his fast went.

The highlight of the week was Daisy's baptism!

Daisy
It was perfect. At 11:45 the font was only about 6 inches full. The baptism was supposed to start at noon and there was no way it'd be full on time. So many people helped bring in buckets of water to help fill it - including President Randall (the Stake President), President Heiner (his counselor), Bishop Seamons (Daisy's Bishop), Bro. Christensen (the high councilman over missionary work for the stake) and several others.  It was incredible. Daisy's friend Shad baptized her. He's just 16 and he did a great job, so that was really neat.

Shad and Daisy

The whole service was pretty cool. She had so many people there to support her, including 3 returned and 4 current missionaries who taught her. After she was baptized she and her dad both bore their testimonies. She said Sister Cha and I were angels and she's grateful we came back after she told us to go away. Daisy has the most powerful testimony and I'm glad a lot of people were able to hear it!
 
All of Daisy's friends from school that came to support her!
Speaking of baptisms, we have another one Tuesday! His name is Travis, he's Hawaiian, from Vegas, and we met him last week. Craziness.

Yesterday we went to three wards. We were speaking in one, Katia's ward had Ward Conference, and then we went to Daisy's ward for her confirmation. Ward Conference was really good. Bishop Jakins (the family who had us over Christmas morning) is the Bishop in that ward so we got to hear from him and President Randall. They based their talks off of Elder Bednar's about testimony vs. conversion. It was really good. Yesterday I was especially grateful for church leadership. President Randall is such a good man and I'm so thankful for his diligence and efforts in helping us do our job as missionaries, and his example of service Saturday at Daisy's baptism. Daisy's dad confirmed her and it was the cutest thing ever. Especially because he just joined the church two years ago and it was his first time. Really cool. Daisy's oldest sister Gabby came too! She's the only one in the family who isn't a member... yet. Maybe one day!

Last night we went to the CES Fireside because President Uchtdorf spoke. We brought Connor and our new investigator Zach. Get this. The topic was truth. What is truth and how do we find truth and what do we do if the truth that we learn contradicts our previous beliefs? HOW PERFECT IS THAT? It was incredible. Zach and Connor watched and listened so intently and I can't wait to hear what they thought of it.

It's gonna be so hard to teach in Spanish after 3 months of English, but if I do my part, I know the Lord will be there for me. I love you guys! I'm gonna be sad to BYU, but change is good! I miss you and hope everything is well. I can't believe I've been out over 4 months and that I only have 13 left. Time goes by too fast. Be good :)

Love,
Hermana Munden

No comments:

Post a Comment