Monday, June 24, 2013

I may not make it til morning it's so flipping hot.

Saludos de España!

 

Things that made me happy this week...

  • Talking to Sister Cha who's home from her mission now. All my trainers are home now and it's cool to be able to talk to them. I can't believe that's going to be in 7 and a half months. Ew.
  • Receiving 39 referrals. Most of them came from the old area books. There are teaching records of people who were taught anywhere between 1 to 6 years ago. We went through them, called some people up, and we have plans to meet with them this week. Who knows, maybe now is their time!
  • The talk the AP's gave at our district meeting about faith, power, and miracles. They talked about how God has the power to make absolutely anything happen. We just have to have faith and show Him we believe miracles can happen, and then be the means by which those miracles are brought to pass. Our mission goal is 1000 baptisms this year and we're only at 174, which means it'll take a miracle to reach that goal. But it can happen because the Lord is on our side and He is a God of miracles.
  • Gusto came to the baptism we invited him to. It was Hermana Rica's very first baptism and she was super nervous but everything turned out perfectly. The kid's name was Noslen and he brought his parents who aren't members. It was really cool.
  • Remembering it was Mom & Tom's anniversary on Friday and thinking about Hawaii all day. Happy Anniversary by the way! So weird that I was 11 when we went to Hawaii the first time, and here we are 11 years later.
  • MARCO calling US and asking to meet, which never happens. We read the Book of Mormon together and afterwards I asked him to come to church. He said no, that he couldn't because he would be at a friends house. I said some things that made him think about his priorities and he agreed to come. Then he came and stayed all three hours!
  • The sweet ladies who fed us lunch after church - one of them turned to me and goes, ''You know, I used to think you were stuck up. But you're actually really nice!'' ...that always happens to me
  • I SAW RAFA AT THE TEMPLE! It's been a whole month or so since I'd seen that dude. But we had a little heart to heart while we watched the MTC missionaries sing and I told him he was gonna serve a mission one day and when he does, he's be up there singing with them. He said he'll go to the New York Manhattan Mission :) He's also coming to Inussa's baptism on Friday! 

It was a good week, but I'm hoping this one will be even better. On Wednesday evening we're going to sing in the park with the Sullivans. They are one of the senior couples I flew out here with - he's in the MTC presidency and they work with the JAS (YSA). Anyhow, so they were in the MOTAB for like 15 years and obviously they have beauuuutiful voices, so I'm excited to sing with them. On Friday is Inussa's baptism. He's the other hermanas' investigator, but we see him all the time too and I love that man. I'm so happy he's getting baptized! Then Saturday is the ward talent show that the YM and YW are in charge of and they've asked us to do something. We'll see how that goes...

 

Then Sunday is our ward's Missionary Sunday. The original plan was for Elder Pizarro, me, and two ward missionaries to speak and then have a musical number by us and the Primary, but President Jackson just sent us an email saying we're going to watch the worldwide missionary broadcast in our wards this Sunday, so I'm not sure what on earth is going on. Haha if I do have to speak though, I'm going to be super nervous. I can talk forever in English, but 10 minutes in Spanish in front of 200 people is going to seem like an eternity. But speaking of the missionary broadcast, I'm super pumped to watch it. No one tells us anything, so we didn't hear about it til last night when Hermana Sullivan mentioned it. But it sounds really cool. It's incredible how the Lord is hastening His work with more missions, more missionaries, and all these new missionary tools. We're turning into an unstoppable force, and that's just as it should be. I can't wait for Conner to get his call! You must email me immediately okay? I secretly hope he gets sent to the Spain Madrid Mission - that'd be neat. It's an exciting time to be a missionary and I'm happy to get to share this experience with him.

 

Well, I love you all. So so much. Don't forget that :)

 

Love,

Hermana Munden

 

''And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen.'' (D&C 15:6)

 

I can't wait to rest with all my Provo and Spain people ''in the kingdom of my Father'' :)


No comments:

Post a Comment