Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I'M GONNA BE A MOM

Hiiiiiiiiii!

Ever since things with Oscar I've been really down. I haven't been excited about anything and it's been hard to work. I didn't think it would affect me so much, but it has. Elder Pizarro suggested I read the page in Preach My Gospel that we read every week during weekly planning about what it is to be a successful missionary. There's a part that's really helped me: ''Remember that people have agency to choose whether to accept your message. Your responsibility is to teach clearly and powerfully so they can make a correct choice. Some may not accept your message even when they have received a spiritual witness that it is true. You will be saddened because you love them and desire their salvation. You should not, however, become discouraged; discouragement will weaken your faith. If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease, your desire will weaken, and you will have greater difficulty following the Spirit.'' I let that happen a little bit this week, but I'm coming out of my rut and I'm okay.

This last transfer was the fastest of my mission - it flew by so quickly. We received our calls on Saturday night and here's what's happening... Hermana Hansen is going to open A Coruña and will be training (again)! Hermana Smith and Hermana Stepp will be together, and I'm staying in Pavones and training. I'm not super pumped about staying in Pavones, after this transfer I'll have been here for four and a half months, but I'm a little bit excited to train. I'm a little nervous too though, I hope I raise her right :)

Sorry this is so short, it was just a really lame week. Today we're helping Hermana Hansen pack, cleaning the piso, and I'm getting things ready for my baby. We're going to the trainers' meeting tomorrow at 4 and then it's time to improve the area. I'm still happy. I love being a missionary!

Love,

Hermana Munden

No comments:

Post a Comment