Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Galatians 2:20

Hiiiiiiiiiiii
I can't believe I've been out 5 months. It feels like I was in the MTC just yesterday. It's incredible how fast the time flies. I don't want this time to end.
We had a pretty good weekend. Friday night we ate with this family from the ward, whose oldest son is actually going to baptize Evelyn. They made us pizza and sandwiches (yay for normal food) and then we shared a quick message before we left. Hermana Miron was talking about reading the scriptures and the importance of immersing ourselves in daily study, and then the husband said something I really liked... "You can't love a person without knowing them." I've been thinking about that a lot lately. We say we love Heavenly Father and we love our Savior, but do we really know them? That's what I've enjoyed the most about being a missionary - this time I get to ready and study and serve and strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven, to teach what the Savior taught and to learn to see people the way He did.
Saturday we went to Carmen's to help Paola with her English homework. Afterwards we ate lunch and I shared a scripture in Mosiah about the covenant we make with God when we're baptized. Hermana Miron bore her testimony and then asked them what they think about all this. Paola told us she knows that what we've been teaching her family is true. She doesn't just believe it, she knows it. As soon as she said that I felt this intense feeling and I became super aware that I know it's true too. I know that God lives. I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the gospel. And I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the church that Jesus Christ established when He was on the earth. And Paola knows it too! Ahhhh I'm so excited. I can't wait til Carmen and Jessica know it too.
Monday night we visited this lady Lorena. She's less active and she lives with her boyfriend Ruben who isn't a member. She made us dinner and we visited for a little bit. Ruben tried to help Hermana Miron with her foot. He did this weird thing to "clean her aura." It was a good opportunity to talk about the Priesthood and how it's the power to act in God's name.
Today we went to Sol, which is basically the center of Madrid and a big tourist spot. There's fountains and magicians and old buildings. It's really cool. We ate churros and drank hot chocolate and walked around. It was pretty fun. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day and it's the Mission Tour. A member of the Seventy is coming to check out the mission and we're gonna have a conference with him. I'm excited.
Life is good. Really good. And I got the best news ever today. When I got to the Locutorio to do emails I had a message from Sister Cha. CONNOR IS GETTING BAPTIZED MARCH 2ND!!! I cried. Haha it's seriously the best news and I'm so so so happy for him. I'm just super bummed I can't be there for him. It's been a long time coming and I can't believe it. Yay for Conman.

Well, that's it. Hope you all I have a great week :)
Love,
Hermana Munden


No comments:

Post a Comment