Tuesday, April 23, 2013

''Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.''



Once again I'm a little short on time. We went to Toledo today and just got back and we have to head to the church for English classes and Noche de Hogar really soon, so sorry!
This week was good. Super busy, but really good. Tuesday was crazy. We had Andrea in the morning and taught her about the law of tithing and the fast. She already is super excited to pay tithing and she told us she's going to fast this week because she has a ton of tests that she needs to do well on to graduate. I'm always so impressed when people are immediately willing to keep the commandments even before they're baptized. Then we went to Johanna's house. She was a lady we found while waiting for the renfe one day. She and her husband are from Honduras and they have three kids and have talked to missionaries before. She asked us when we could come over, so we were especially excited for Tuesday. Well we showed up to her house and her husband told us she got called into work last minute, so she wasn't there. But the rest of her family was and they're really neat. Her husband said he loves the missionaries and that we could come back any day next week (we're seeing them tomorrow)!
After that we went to our appointment with Ascensión and her dad. This was the man I found on the bench with Hermana Shepherd and I prayed outside of their apartment and she let me in. Remember? Anyhow, so we go up there and she's like, ''Hang on, I'll go grab my dad.'' Her dad walks out and he's not the guy from the bench... How embarrassing. Haha so we explained the situation but we stayed and taught them because Ascensión had a ton of questions. She asked about literally everything. It was awesome. We left her with a Book of Mormon and pamphlets about the Restoration and the Plan of Salvation. She said she's going to take the time to honestly read it and that we can call her in May. I'm super excited about her. Especially because she's Spanish.
Wednesday morning we went to the temple with our zone. I love the Madrid temple. It's so preeeeeetty. At the distribution center we bought hymns and children's songs on CD for Carmen and her girls and a picture of Christ and the temple for Evelyn and her parents. We took pictures with the other hermanas and talked to the elders for a little bit and then went over to the San Martin family's house for chaufa. So so good. I've decided I'll probably eat nothing but rice when I come home. It's my fave.
Our district getting kebab after district meeting last week

Friday morning in companionship study, Hermana Blodgett and I found our mission in the Bible. Romans 15:24,28:

"Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.... When therefore, I have performed this, and I have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain."

Pretty neat. Haha then we had a lesson with Pablo, our cute older Spaniard. Our ward mission leader, Alejandro, came with us and it was good having us there. Lessons with members are either really good or really awkward, but with Alejandro it was good. He and Pablo have a lot in common so they could relate to each other. Then we went to the renfe station in Villaverde Alto to meet a guy we were hoping to make a new investigator, named Olmedo. He showed up and offered to drive us to his house, but we explained that we couldn't go with him unless another woman was in the car. So he showed us what bus to get on and said he would meet us at the fifth stop. Well the fifth stop was this street where all the prostitutes are and there aren't any pisos, so we figured he meant the sixth. The sixth stop was a metro station and we waited for him there, but he never showed. We called a couple times, but he never answered either so we gave up. Such a bummer too! He was really sweet. He hasn't answered the phone since that day, so I hope we haven't lost him.



Friday night was the absolute best. We went to Fabian's house to teach him and Nicol and to try to resolve some of the doubts he has that are keeping him from allowing Nicol to get baptized. Well we get there and Magaly tells us that he went to go play volleyball with his brother, so we just taught Nicol and Magaly instead. We didn't have anything planned, but we had a couple copies of the proclamation on the family, so we whipped that out and talked about families. After we finished reading that, Nicol goes and grabs her Gospel Principles book and asked us to read the section on eternal families. Haha what a cutie. When we were getting ready to leave, Fabian and Yermo walk in! They asked about English classes and since they can't make it on Monday nights asked if we could teach them right then. It was everyone; Fabian, Magaly, Nicol, Yermo, Viviana, Jonny, and then two random friends. We said we needed something to write on so Magaly goes in the back room and returns with a blackboard! Haha so we started teaching them simple stuff like greetings and stuff. And then Yermo said he wanted to know how to say, ''We're going out to eat tonight.'' So we wrote it on the board and then practiced saying it together. The last time we said it, Fabian and Hermana Blodgett stood up and were like, ''Alright, let's go!'' Haha it was super funny. I love their family a lot. And Magaly and Viviana are so flipping beautiful. Those brothers got really lucky with those two!

Saturday morning we went back and had a lesson with them on the Plan of Salvation. They sat and listened and Fabian was especially active in the lesson, asking a lot of questions and everything. Magaly is such a strong member and a really good example to Fabian and Nicol. I love her. And after the lesson she made us some bomb chicken and rice. They told us they're moving back to Ecuador in September and that I'm invited to their house when I end my mission. I absolutely plan on visiting them :)
Sunday the weather was utterly beautiful. Eduardo wore church clothes (finally) and he received the Priesthood! Yayyyyy! He's blessing the Sacrament next week and he's super nervous, but he's gonna do just fine. Alina was sick so she asked Hermana Blodgett and me to teach the gospel principles class and we did. Sometimes I remember that I'm doing all this in another language and it's pretty cool. It'd be a little cooler if I didn't know Spanish before, but still. Haha it's neat. At one point in Relief Society we read Psalms 139:23-24 and I love it so much:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me and lead me in the way everlasting."

One of my new favorite scriptures.

This morning we went to Toledo with a bunch of hermanas and a couple elders. Toledo is beauuuuutiful. Intercambios started today so I'm with Hermana Marshall here in Leganés until Wednesday morning. She goes home in one week when this transfer ends. I can't believe it's already been another six weeks!
I love you allllllll!

Love,
Hermana Munden

No comments:

Post a Comment