Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Missionary's Testimony

So I've been thinking a lot about testimonies lately. Often when we're in lessons, the person we're teaching will bear their testimony. Most of the time they do it without even realizing it. But all a testimony is, is stating what you know.

And I think it's important that you, my family, and the people I care about most, know that I know that God lives. I know that He is our Heavenly Father. He knows us by name and He loves us. He's aware of our circumstances, needs, wants, desires, goals, plans, and our daily lives. I know that as imperfect, flawed, and insignificant as we are, we mean everything to Him. So much, in fact, that He prepared a Plan for us to return back to Him one day. I know that the key to that Plan is His son Jesus Christ, who humbly came to this earth, was born to a virgin mother, and lived a perfect life. I know that while He was here He performed miracles, taught in parables, served everyone, and established His church. He was the perfect example for us in all things, and truly, the Life and Light of the world. I know that He paid the ultimate price and died for us. I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ isn't just something we talk about, but that it actually happened. Christ not only saved us from our sins, but he suffered so we wouldn't have to. He is the Savior and Reedemer of the world. I'm thankful to know that there is someone who has walked my paths before, who knows what it's like when I feel sad, homesick, lonely, heartbroken, betrayed, and hopeless. I also know that through the Atonement we have the opportunity to change - to become a little better every day, a little more like Him. I know that Christ rose on the third day, and that He lives still. I know that in the Spring of 1820, a 14 yearold boy went to a grove of trees with the faith that his question would be answered, knelt down, and offered a prayer that changed the world. That boy was Joseph Smith, to whom appeared God the Father and the Son. And it was through him that Jesus Christ restored His church. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and that he translated the Book of Mormon through the gift and power of God. I know that the Book of Mormon, though written centuries ago, was written for our day, contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and is another testament of Him. I know that prayer is direct communication with our Heavenly Father, that He listens, and that no prayer goes unanswered. I know that families are forever and that I'll see those that I've lost again one day. I know that missionary work is the work of the Lord. I've been called by God through His prophet Thomas S. Monson to teach, serve, and love the people of Madrid Spain. I know The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the same church Christ established when He was here. The knowledge I have of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed my life and gives everything I do meaning. It is the reason I'm here and the reason I am who I am. I know all of these things by the power of the Holy Ghost. I've prayed, received an answer, and will never deny what I know to be true. I leave this testimony and all my love with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Hermana Munden

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love being able to see the maturity in "one of my girls". Can't wait to hear this testimony is another 15 months:)

    ReplyDelete