Friday, March 29, 2013

The strangest/funniest/best week of my life

Hiii!

Last week was probably the best week I have had like my whole mission. At first I wasn't so sure about the companionship I'm in, but I absolutely loooove Hermana Blodgett -- she is hilarious. I'm happy I'm with someone who can compete with my sense of humor. Haha and Hermana Olsen is great because she keeps us in line and on time.

Tuesday was my birthday! Yayyyy I'm 22. I got some really sweet birthday texts throughout the day: from a lot of the elders in my zone, Hermana Miron, and Lorena from the ward. That morning we had a lesson with Victor. We headed over to the park near Victor's house and sat one of the tables and began the lesson. Halfway through Romans 1:16, this drunk Russian dude comes over and sits down. He and Victor were speaking Russian, but Victor translated what he was saying. He told me that I have beautiful eyes and with them I can conquer the world. Cool... Then he grabbed my head and tried to kiss me. That was fun. Victor was sweet and pulled the guy away. So that was adventure one of the morning.

Then we met Eduardo for my birthday lunch. He took us to the super delicious Bolivian place we went to before. I ate Silpancho and almost died it was so good. The waiter found out it was my birthday so he brought me ice cream and everyone sang to me. Next we visited Evelyn and had a lesson with her. After the prayer I opened my eyes and saw a birthday card chilling in front of me. It was the cutest birthday card I've gotten in my whole life. She had colored the inside of it and wrote this really sweet message. She also bought me some earrings. I love that girl so much. After Evelyn we headed to Arus' house. They're the Armenians who make the best food. Ana greeted me at the door and demanded that I shut my eyes so she could guide me to the living room. There was a sign on the wall that said ''Feliz Cumpleaños Hermana Munden'' and balloons all over the place. They made me my favorite dinner and then sang to me. We finished the night with Ana. She made me a birthday cake and we sang again. Best birthday of my life.

Wednesday morning we had district meeting with our new district - which is made up of all the elders we've been hanging out with the last two months, so there was no awkward icebreaking that needed to be done. That afternoon we had a lesson with this guy Arnold from the Congo. We had found him in the metro a few weeks ago and I was excited to meet him, but I was nervous about finding his house because I always just relied on Miron to get us where we needed to go. But I found it! And we had an awesome lesson with him.

Thursday was awesome. K so a few weeks ago we met this guy on a bench on the way to Carmen's house. He was an older gentleman and when I told him I knew God loved him he bawled his little eyeballs out. He didn't know his phone number, and I couldn't understand what he told me his name was, so I got his address and I promised we would come find him. So Thursday we finally went to search for him. I found the building and rang his piso. A woman answered and I said, ''Excuse me, I met a man the other day on a bench near here. Do you happen to live with an older gentleman, named Juan maybe?'' She responded that she didn't live with a Juan and hung up. I was super frustrated because I knew he lived there and I wanted so badly to keep my promise and find him! So I asked my companions if it'd be alright if we said a prayer. I said it and asked Heavenly Father that he would help me find the man on the bench because I knew he was important and needed to be taught.'' I tried ringing his piso again, confident that Heavenly Father would help me out. The woman answered again, saying that a lot of her neighbors are older but she doesn't know any Juan's. When this happened someone left the piso and Hermana Blodgett caught the door so we could get in if we needed to. I asked the woman if we could come up, but she had hung up. We decided to go in anyways. We headed up to her piso and knocked on the door. She answered and said she didn't mean to hang up and that she was going to come downstairs to help us. She said her father lived there and his name was José. He sometimes walks around and sits on the bench by Carmen's house. Yayyyy I found him! Her name was Ascencion and she was the absolute sweetest. Her dad wasn't home, but we got her number and are gonna visit them this week. Yay for answered prayers.

Friday Paco called me and told me Ana was in the hospital. She's been suffering from migraines and has been feeling awful. We went over to see her and she wasn't doing so great. So we called the Elders and they came over and gave her a blessing. Elder Peña is from the same part of Andalucía as Paco, and he had actually spent Christmas at their house, so it was cool how that worked out. The Elders gave Ana a beautiful blessing, and we headed off to teach Mary and José, Evelyn's parents.

Friday night we had Noche de Hogar (FHE) at the church. It was so much fun, even though only 5 people came - Eduardo, Carmen and her girls, and this lady Miriam from the ward. We shared Matthew 22:36-40 and talked about loving God and loving our neighbor. Then we played a game and by the end of the night we were all in tears from laughing so hard. Oh my gosh so fun.

Saturday we had a lesson with Josè and Grismardi, the Dominicans I started teaching with Miron right before she left. So we get to their house and some rando answers the door. I was like ''Hi, we have an appointment with Josè and Grismardi right now. Are they here?'' He said they weren't but if I wanted to leave a message with him I could. It was kinda weird though, so I was like ''That's okay, I'll just call them right now.'' So I called Josè. AND I HEARD HIS PHONE RINGING. So I said, ''I hear Josè's phone, are you sure he's not here?'' ''Positive.'' K cool. I'll just call Grismardi. So I called Grismardi AND I HEARD HIS PHONE TOO. ''So let me get this straight. Neither Josè or Grismardi is here, but both of their phones are?'' ''Yep that's what it looks like.'' Then Grismardi walks up and says he was sleeping. Haha it was just too much to handle. So they let us in after like ten minutes of awkwardness outside and we talked to Grismardi and the friend, Angel. Angel told us he has five girlfriends, more or less, and that he's too busy to read the Book of Mormon but that if I wanted to be his American girlfriend I could because he doesn't have one of those yet. Haaaaaaaa so that was that.

Sunday was awesome. Church was really good and we had 5 investigators there. In Gospel Principles we talked about the Atonement and the lesson was really incredible - we have the best teacher. Most of members of the class got emotional when they testified of Christ's Atonement and what it means for them.

We had the best experience ever this morning, but I'll save that for next week. Basically life is good. Ugh, so dang good. And Stephanie and Justin get baptized Saturday! Hooray! And then Easter is Sunday! I hope you guys all have the best week :)

Love,
Hermana Munden

P.S. Thanks so much for all the birthday emails - it was a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment